Curriculum Intent Statement
Curriculum Intent – Harcourt Primary School
Harcourt is a small community school where our children are central to everything that we do. We value the richness of the local area and celebrate our diversity.
The contextual strengths of our school are:
- A close-knit, supportive community
- Extensive, outdoor grounds
- The wealth of opportunities to explore the distinctive historical and geographical features of South East Kent
We teach a discrete, bespoke curriculum which is broad, balanced and ambitious that fulfils the requirements of the National Curriculum. We know that our children require an educational balance between knowledge and skills based learning and our curriculum reflects this. It is progressively sequenced to embed learning and enthuse our children by building year on year on their individual experiences and backgrounds.
We recognise that the main contextual challenges of our school are:
- Oracy and language skills
- Children entering our school below age related expectations
- Limited wider world experiences
Our curriculum intent is to excite, challenge and engage children of all abilities, backgrounds and starting points using the unique features of Folkestone and the surrounding area.