Harcourt Primary Governing Body
The governors are a group of individuals, made up of parents, staff, members of the community (co-opted) and the Local Authority. Governors typically serve for four years, and will have a variety of responsibilities during this time. An effective governing body will have people from different backgrounds with mixed skills. Governors are not education experts – they are there to bring a fresh perspective.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one. Its key functions are to:
- Set aims and objectives for the school.
- Agree the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Be a source of challenge and support to the head teacher.
At Harcourt Primary School the Governing Body follow the Circle Model of Governance. Please click on the link below for further information relating to the GB Terms of Reference
Should you wish to contact any member of the governing body, please make contact via Clerk, Mrs K Percival-Smith through the school office.